Apagya Detailed Progress Report as at 27 September 2014

wpid-img_42684865156143.jpegPROGRESS REPORT
27TH SEPTEMBER

REHABILITATION WORKS TO APAGYA R/C PRIMARY SCHOOL
(PROGRESS REPORT NO 1)

Executive Summary

This report captures works executed on Apagya R/C Primary School by a group of philanthropist as at 27th September 2014. Apagya R/C Primary school is a six unit classroom block that had the roof of three of its classrooms lifted off following a recent rainstorm (during the first half of 2004) with the other classrooms suffering from leakages when it rained. There are also issues with the foundation of the building that demands attention. The report details what has been done to date and what is outstanding to complete the project.

A total amount of GHC 19,025.64 has been raised so far from three main sources (initiators of the idea – DGG, a group of Facebook friends, some citizens of Apagya in the diaspora, friends and acquaintances on and off Facebook). The total cost of the project upon completion is expected to be GHC 22,051.00 and hence an amount of approximately GHC 3,000.00 will be needed to complete the project. Also there has been material contribution from the Apagya community in the form of timber for all roof works.

The roof works is about 60% complete with materials for the remaining 40% already purchased and work expected to start week commencing 28th September 2014.   Labour for the roof works was freely provided by artisan carpenters in Apagya with the group providing them food.  Exterior painting to the re-roofed section of the building has also been executed. This was done by a group of volunteers – mainly from the DGG Facebook group – from Accra, Obuasi and Kumasi, on National Volunteers day (21st September 2014). The remaining painting works comprising all the doors & windows, interior walls and parts of the external walls will be executed once the roof works are completed. There have been some amount of concrete works to the foundations at areas that have  galvanised pipes supporting the roof. Remaining foundation works may be executed depending on how much fund is raised by the end of October 2014. It is expected that all works regarding this project will be completed latest by end of October 2014.

Please find full report at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B679oh6BTVleV1I5dk53UHJaU28/edit?usp=sharing

God bless richly.

Nana, on behalf of Planning Team

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s